These courses are intended to help practice and understand different forms of meditation. You can learn a new form of meditation for each day at the retreat, starting from the most basic to the deeper and more spiritual towards the end of the course.
Loving-kindness meditation / Metta meditation
- This takes place in a quiet, relaxed space where you fill yourself with complete physical and emotional wellness and inner peace.
- You give affirmations, mantras, and prayers for yourself and others in your life.
Body scan and progressive relaxation
- Releases built up tension in the body through breathing techniques and mental visualisation.
- Having focus and being intensely aware of sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment.
- Involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other methods to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Breath awareness meditation
- A simple yet effective form of focusing on deep slow breathing while relaxing different parts of the body.
Kundalini is a method of moving energy through the body. This is based on the theory that energy at the base of the spine needs to be released through the body and out above the head. We achieve this through:
- Deep breathing
- Mudras (hand movements)
- Mantras (phrases)
- Physical movements
- Good posture
- Rejecting negativity
- The goal is to regulate attention. Thinking about not thinking.
- A silent mantra form of meditation.
- Sitting in a specific position and repeating mantras, while opening and closing the eyes.
The Head Up Trustees are taking part in a number of fundraising activities over the next two years. All four founders and trustees are fully committed to the charity and to prove their commitment they are all putting themselves out there to raise as much money as possible.
Fundraise for Head Up and join us today!
Simon Moloney CGC