These workshops are to promote understanding the importance of nutrition and how it affects our mental health.
- Workshop on perceptions of mental health and the impact of nutrition – scientific basis, the physiological impacts (including hormones) etc.
- The impact excessive sugar, processed, synthetic and chemical laced foods have on our mental health and how we can counter this.
- ‘Substance’ abuse – smoking, alcohol, caffeine, sugar etc. – focus is on nutrition rather than drugs.
- How to make nutritious meals quickly and on a budget.
- Build into the routine from day 1 – day 7, guests will be making their own food with a guiding hand from an on-site chef.
- Setting up meal plans for the week – guests will write out their breakfast, lunch and dinner and then stick to this for the full course. We will source the ingredients.
- Vegetable garden, greenhouse, and beehives – organic self-grown food where possible.
We also host a workshop for understanding the impact of fitness on mental health.
- Workshop on perceptions of mental and physical health and the impact of physical training – scientific basis, the physiological impacts (including hormones) etc.
- Importance of doing what you can with what you have got.
- Bodyweight, bands, kettlebell, stretching, running and walking.
- Guests will set their own fitness regime for the course and build this into their plan.
The Head Up Trustees are taking part in a number of fundraising activities over the next two years. All four founders and trustees are fully committed to the charity and to prove their commitment they are all putting themselves out there to raise as much money as possible.
Fundraise for Head Up and join us today!
Simon Moloney CGC